A soft, trickling sound of a nearby gurgling brook could be perceived by new coming visitors as they passed the intricate, wrought-iron, black front gate, which could read "Double Dance" in the center, with the logo of two horse silhouettes performing a levade, back to back. As the trailer pulled up to the main building, it swerved cautiously around the centerpiece to the circular parking lot, adorned with a splendid decoration feature: a fantastic fountain of a picturesque Iberian-type stallion, perfect in all its fantastic musculature, prancing in a collected piaffe, its tail fanning out beautifully in the air and swinging down to his hocks. The thick, curly mane wove down the line of its arched neck through an intricately detailed running braid, and the eyes of the life-sized statue almost shimmered, they seemed so realistic.
All around, the leaves of the seemingly endless woods had turned to a stunning shade of bright ocher, cherry red, or golden, buckwheat yellow, in this late October weather. With fiery pigments tinting the backdrop, one didn't usually immediately notice the cozy, century-old, Victorian country farmhouse until the chilly air began to creep upon them. Embellishing the lovely slanted shingle rooftop was a towering little chimney, where silver, puffy streams of smoke could be discerned, floating gently upwards. It gave the property a characteristically warm and inviting feel, especially on such a cool, autumn day.
Across the sprawling 2500-acreage farm grounds, there were not only countless trails to explore on horseback, but also a plethora of state-of-the-art facilities capable of tending to and pleasing any taste. Immense, lush pastures of faded green, with elegant and freshly painted wooden fences adorned a large part of the open plains, while not far off from the farmhouse, large, refurbished barns could be noticed. Behind these, guided by a fork of several little dirt paths, stood a number of round pens and outdoor arenas - all varying in sizes -, mostly engulfed partly by the shadows cast from the tall willow trees surrounding the little clearing. A little further down, the vast Olympic-sized indoor arena resided, closest to the training barn.
This haven of a ranch is known as Double Dance stables, home to true champions.
Our specialties: Andalusian; Hanoverian; Thoroughbred.
Side project breeds: Mustang.
Double Dance was officially inaugurated on September the 4th, 2008, and was in steady construction and development during the preceding years. Since this fateful day, our dedicated staff has made it their goal to tend to, breed, train, show, and supply the finest realistic horses available on the #HorseArt-RPG. Which also means that we do not breed unrealistic horses, and do not allow our horses to be bred by/to other players' fantasy horses.
Based in Canada, Double Dance stables has successfully branched out additional centers to Spain and the United States over the years, quickly growing into one of the world's largest, most reputable and illustrious equine breeding operations.
We only own and breed the "crème de la crème", as it is our motto. Our staff is of a great number, yet every individual has its own specific task, and they are all remarkably well trained and qualified to do so, from on-hand dietians, vets, farriers, and Cadre Noir-based Olympic trainers. The animals you will find here are purebred and have outstanding pedigrees that can not be compared anywhere else. Our aim is to improve the blood of the breeds we focus on, and to boast the best of our champion studs and broods on the public market, for reasonable fees.
~Hazel-rah is to , , and co-founder to .
1. To breed to one of my horses, you must have a ranch journal page.
2. Then DevNote me with at least the following information about the mare/stud you wish to use in the breeding: Name, Gender, Breed, Age (no younger than 5 years of age), Height, Discipline, Color (with genotype), Markings, Bloodlines (if not Foundation), Offspring, Image, and your Ranch link.
3. Please do not create a mare, in the spur of the moment, just to perfectly match my stallion (even though I can't control issues like that...)
4. Once breeding is accepted by both parties, please submit a drawing of the two horses together (the "mating pic") and promptly send it to me for approval.
5. The foal is not born before the requesting player draws an image of the foal (as a foal or an adult).
6. After the foal's drawing is done, the owner of the newborn must contact Double Dance as soon as possible to make sure the foal is suitable.
7. We reserve the right to demand you to redesign the foal if it's not adequate/realistic. If you do not comply, the foal will be considered aborted/stillborn.
8. As this is a realistic stable, we will not tolerate breedings to unreal/fantasy breeds AND/OR colors. Don't even ask!
9. We ask that you not let anyone, in any future generation, breed our blood to fantasy-typed horses.
10. Even if this is a fictional game, we frown upon terribly exaggerated horses (i.e.: a TB with $30M in earnings...) and can refuse your breeding candidate for this.
11. We strive to keep our bloodlines pure and as refined as possible, so not every broodmare will be accepted. Please do no take this personally.
12. When choosing the color of the foal, please try to be original (not make a carbon copy of my stallion), but also realistic.
13. Please DO NOT copy & paste my horse stat templates, rules, or journal posts! Make your own!
14. It is strictly forbidden to use our "DD" brand prefix, under any circumstance, on any horse, even if it comes directly from our bloodlines.
15. If the mare conceives twins, you must get your vet to "pinch" one out. If this procedure results in compete abortion, you may re-breed the pair, free of charge. In short, NO twins.
DD's Official Blacklist: chrissymax12
If you like HARPG, but can't draw or simply prefer the textual side of roleplaying, then you might be interested in something similar, such as Babieca, an online, forum-based RPG website for any and all roleplaying tastes. A plethora of varied topics await! Come join us today and show off what your literary skills are made of!